(Барьеры и решения)
(Применение в науке, лаборатории, ..)
(Ссылки на другие сайты)
2016-02-19 23:50:44 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [os2.guru]
The cost of OS/2 license is very high for russian/ukrainian users,
as result the sellings of OS/2 software in russian speaking countries dropped down to 0 several years ago.
To reanimate the market, we create the fund which 1) will accumulate sponsor money,
2) maintain logs of users activity, 3) => compensate the cost of
OS/2 licenses/subscriptions for the most active users.
2016-01-06 02:49:50 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
* First of all the video's of the Warpstock Europe 2015 presentations are being uploaded right now to the following new Warpstock Europe YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWVjvzVtMl_BA66pWtOeEoA
The upload is still running and should finish the next 12 hours or so. Warpstock Europe should have a video stream next year again.
The VOICE organization would like to thank Udo Schneider from Munich *again* for this support to provide the video stream at Warpstock Europe 2015.
* Work is still ongoing to get the new website for Warpstock Europe up. Which I hope we can do over this XMAS weekend.
* As mentioned before. Warpstock Europe will be held on the 21st and 22 second
of May 2016 in Cologne at Hostel where Warpstock Europe was also held in 2016. The rooms have been reserved.
Lewis Rosenthal from Arca Noae has already confirmed he will be coming because last year he did not make it to Warpstock Europe.
On behalf of all the board members of OS/2 VOICE:
Have a nice XMAS and a good 2016!
President OS/2 VOICE
2015-11-15 04:06:19 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
5.1. Banners exchange
OS/2 websites should exchange banners, links.
One site should point to other OS/2 sites.
Software catalogues, News sites, companies should be included to banner networks.
Experience in the past: OS/2 Ring in 90-th.
The users really were walking by several sites.
- It's so difficult to attract guests to OS/2 world.
If new user comes to an OS/2 site then we should show him links to other sites.
Large websites should support smaller websites and pages of standalone developers.
- The links to other sites should be placed on some pages of the site,
not all pages. Online shops, press-release pages, etc can be free of banners.
- The owner of site should have a choice and select from several banners networks.
eCo Ring banners network:
How to verify if OS/2 is growing?
- If large OS/2 sites link one each other then OS/2 is moving.
- If no banners then the owners don't work for OS/2 market.
2015-10-11 02:50:07 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [blondeguy]
Warpstock 2015 is fast approaching. The list of presenters and sessions has grown, and now includes some time for participants to bring their own issues, questions and comments.
The main web page for Warpstock 2015 is here:
List of presentations:
The list of activities will grow as we make last minute changes. This is the only gathering of it's kind in North America.
If you can't make it to Warpstock, we are planning to offer some on-line coverage. Last year, we were able to view the conference on smartphones and PCs, as well as take some questions.
2015-09-17 02:15:58 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
os2.spb.ru was an important web-site for russian speaking users.
it was active since spring of 1998 till 2003.
Several years passed and now the domain is free.
it was captured by cyber-squatter Ilia Krukover.
The fuc@#$#@$ have requested several thousand dollars for the domain
but dropped it because don't have enough resources to keep it.
What is the next step?
Upload archive of original os2.spb.ru site or create new forum there?
2015-08-27 01:21:16 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
eCo Software goes calculate the activity of OS/2 development and activity of users.
Please help us collect statistics, how many updates were released in 2015?
What GROUPS of information do we collect? What kind of data?
- RELEASE - releases of OS, Fixpaks
- BIGAPPS - large applications updated (large means HUGE, like Firefox, OpenOffice)
- BARRIERS - significant fixes in OS
- CONFERENCES - how many conferences were organized, are planned in this year
- DRIVERS -- system drivers
- WPS - WPS Updates / UI updates
- REVIEWS - how many reviews / technical articles were published
Please post the data (your links) in Format:
- DATE -- GROUP -- TEXT -- VALUE
- 2015xxxx -- DRIVERS -- ACPI driver was updated -- significant updates
- 2015xxxx -- REVIEWS -- Review of technology is published here .. -- useful for all users
2015-06-12 17:52:29 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
How to earn using OS/2?
- Install OS/2 to the computer of relatives, parents, children.
Expected income: $1.
The functionality of OS/2 is enough for major parts of simple users.
(computer works fast + no viruses + simple user interface).
- You can offer support services of OS/2 computers in your city (region).
Step N 1 - publish your contacts on the page
- You can earn (economize) money using applications existing in OS/2.
The applications which turn your computer into "machine", "work tools".
2015-04-30 02:36:31 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
Collect 10 points to obtain Essentials, other 10 point to get NeoWPS
The offer is actual till June 7, 2015. The rules can be changed.
We made efforts to collect info about laptops in tablet form:
Thinkpad X300 /
Send us info about 1 Thinkpad notebook, and earn = 1 point
2) Write a review, what do you see on Desktop after installation of the OS.
What 10 apps do you install and why?
10% of the text may mention installation procedure.
Reward = 3 points.
3) Post several reports to Hardware database:
5 detailed reports = 1 point
(detailed means: about motherboard or laptop, with info about 10 onboard devices
with links to drivers, suggestions and tested information.
simple report (USB flash disk is supported) is ignored in this campaign)
4) Technical articles related to OS/2, OS/2 technologies.
And you allow us publish it at ecomstation.ru
Reward = 10 points
5) LiveBook. Write short review how to use PC for home / office tasks.
Examples: how to download photos from digital camera (published already),
how to create wall banner (review of OS/2 graphics editors, general advice how
to draw banners), how to prepare and read ebooks in OS/2.
Reward: 1 .. 4 points
6) History of OS/2. Select a technology or year 19xx and deep into the history.
Find facts, collect opinions.
Inform us what is the topic.
Reward: 1 .. 4 points
7) Write technical task for developer.
You have an idea, what application to develop for OS/2.
write the details how it should work.
Reward: 1 .. 10 points
2015-04-22 16:00:39 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [OS2VOICE.org, Roderick Klein]
After a long silence the Warpevents.eu
website has been updated and will contain news of the upcoming Warpstock Europe 2015. The website is now run by the Dutch OS/2 VOICE foundation.
Warpstock Europe 2015 will be hosted at the Aohostel in Munich, location Laum. This will happen on the 6th and 7th of June 2015.
More information can be found on warpstock.eu.
2015-03-15 22:10:26 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
Warpstock is the annual conference for OS/2 and eComStation users, administrators, and developers. Warpstock 2015 will be held at the Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview Wichita (editor: KS ??), Friday, October 23 through Sunday, October 25, 2015.
The Warpstock Board of Directors is working hard to make this another enjoyable and informative event. We invite you to participate, either as a presenter or as an attendee. 2015 has been - and should continue to be - a year of motion and progress for the OS/2 community at large, so there should be a lot to discuss at this year's Warpstock!
Register before July 1 and receive a 20% early bird discount!!
Warpstock Corporation is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, chartered in Virginia. The Warpstock annual conference is a gathering of OS/2 users, developers, and vendors from around the world for the purpose of education and advocacy. All contributions to Warpstock are fully tax deductible in the US. Consult your tax adviser for more details.
More information on Warpstock available at: <a href="http://www.warpstock.org">www.warpstock.org</a>
List of all OS/2 conferences: <a href="http://ecomstation.ru/conferences">http://ecomstation.ru/conferences</a>
2015-02-17 01:54:13 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
2015-01-31 23:42:28 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
1) Lars Erdmann talks about current works on USB:
Notes: USB stack is updated but requires debugging, may contain incompatibility,
with apps aimed to control USB toys.
2) forum.ecomstation.ru is restored,
all data is alive, on losses.
We should recover other satelite sites.
3) Google Chairman Eric Schmidt: "The Internet Will Disappear"
4) Can you access Arca Noae site?
or your web-browser hangs (testing with Firefox 10.x)?
5) IBM Plan To Cut Jobs, Lay Off 10,000 Workers Starts Wednesday
6) Youtube uses HTML5 by default now,
so you can use OS/2 web-browser without Flash
7) How to teach 100 people to use REXX?
What is the plan of training? (post your suggestions)
2014-11-11 20:58:38 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
- eCo Software, eComStation.RU don't support
eComStation 1.2.5 (1.0, 1.1, 1.2, IBM OS/2 Warp).
We are forwarding users to FAQ database.
We recommend use eComStation 2.2. beta II + Fixpak 3,
because the latest version incudes all functions implemented during the last 10 years.
- Delivery of docs / packages to Crimea - 50% discount during 2014 and 2015.
- Ukranian OS/2 / eComStation users are served without restrictions,
we all have equal nationality "osevik" (= os/2 user)
<--- página anterior página siguiente --->
IBM OS/2 Warp